Monday, August 1, 2011

Finding my way by the Duomo.




On my first Sunday in Siena I took a walk and found myself standing in front of the Duomo.  This moment was very special to me because it was the first day that I started to feel really comfortable in my new home and stopped missing the one I left behind so much.  I sat the black and white marble steps, enjoyed a bottle of sparkling water, took in the scenery, observed the people, and let the music of a nearby accordion warm my heart.  I felt that I was finally doing what I had imagined all along.  I was getting lost in my new home, I was becoming comfortable with locals, and I was soaking up the culture that radiates through the streets. I stopped missing home so much that day and started to have the time of my life.  







No comments:

Post a Comment