Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Siena we fell in love with: Days.


There is nothing like living in this city.  I fell deeply in love with Siena.  I loved the romance of living in a medieval city and the hills that made me work to get to know its beauty.  I loved how easily I made friends by simply sitting at the fountain at the Piazza del Campo or during our breaks between classes just outside of school.  I loved how I met so many people from around the world and learned about cultures from Italy and beyond. I loved my intimate Italian language class and the valuable lessons we learned in our Italian Culture class.  

There were many reasons why I chose to study in Siena, but the main reason was its size.  I have never traveled on my own and I was afraid that a big city would be too much.  I also wanted to live in a city small enough that I would be able to feel completely at home in the short time I was there. I wanted to be able to get to know the people and become familiar with the rhythms and pulses of the city.  Siena was the perfect city for me.

































































No comments:

Post a Comment